Saturday, April 12, 2008

Charlotte Real Estate

Our new home in Charlotte, NCI am beginning to wish I had payed more attention in my economics classes...then I wouldn't have to spend so much time as an adult trying to catch up and figure out how to manage the money I have and the investments that I wish to make.

The house across the street from me is still for sale. There are several on my street that are available, all relatively new, but the one across the street in brand new - the last in the development to be built and ready for a good family to move in.

The Charlotte real estate market is strong - in fact growing when most are in serious decline, but that doesn't stop me from wishing someone will move in across the street. It is such a nice house, and it being empty is doing nothing for my biggest investment... my own house.

That said, I know that Charlotte's market is relatively strong and the house will sell. In all likelihood, the builder will offer a great deal to get someone in there, and the new owner will be really fortunate to have such a nice home at a good price.

Charlotte, NC and the surrounding area continues to offer a great quality of living at an affordable cost. While I was not aware of this when I chose to move to Charlotte a year and a half ago, Charlotte is a huge magnet for newcomers, and has maintained a strong economy, despite the recent downturn nationally. A recent report that I read said that there were over 2,009 residential sales during the month of March and that the average sales price was $233,648. -- and that is a good percentage of the average asking price of $245,237. However, given that the newcomers are moving from less economically healthy areas of the country, we are now seeing that the average time a home spent on the market has risen to 130 days....

So I guess with that statistic, that the house across the street may not sell for another month or so. And that I suppose is OK. I just would love to see someone fun with a couple kids in that house. Summer is Charlotte is great, and it would be wonderful to share that with another neighbor-family.

So...any of you out there thinking of moving to Charlotte? -- there is a great house across the street--and you will have WONDERFUL neighbors!



Meghan Wier
Author Writer Web Consultant

No comments: