Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's exhausting being me...

Mr. McGourty, my life coach, just called to check in... and while he didn't specifically ask how my morning papers went this morning -- it was implied, (and hence this entry!)

So it is 9am and I am just now getting started. And yes, I did check my email first (although I didn't reply to any!) But considering that I haven't done morning papers until the evening many days lately, I can't be too hard on myself, (right?)

The house preparation continues for my guests this week -- I am looking forward to that visit very much, (but having company is a lot of work).

Speaking of work, I have a new working title for the next book: It's exhausting being me! -- and that is because it is really exhausting to be an introvert sometimes, especially one that is so out-going in the way that mine is sometimes....So now I have about 50 working titles and very little text. Maybe I will just write a book about all the things I could have called the book...

--but that is ok, I am planning on going on a little "retreat" at the cottage in June to get into my writing groove, and we will see what happens from there. It isn't as if I haven't been writing--because I write all day, but actual content that is suitable for the book is still in the beginning stages, even after all this time, (ug).

It is funny. The first book I wrote I did not tell anyone about for a long time. Not until I was sure it was going to get done--and many people didn't know until it was published. But with this one, I have been talking about it literally for years. And I think that somehow in doing so I have kept myself from really getting it done. But like I said, I have dedicated time in June and I will make it happen. October is my goal, and every day it gets closer... so I have to get on it!

Well, it is time to go. I have the BNI event this evening at Solara (I have to figure out where that is!) and I have a couple other things to do around the house too. So I must sign off for the moment - I look forward to catching you all up on things later tomorrow.

-meg




Meghan Wier
Author Writer Web Consultant

No comments: