Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blogging, Blog Writing, Business Blogging and BNI

I am the speaker next week at the Ballantyne Business Network BNI meeting and I am starting to put together my materials for the presentation.

My 10 minute talk will be on blogging for business--a topic that I am very familiar with, and one which I will enjoy sharing with the group.

However, this group of people is a new one for me, and I am nervous about it already. So I am making up for my lack of comfort with preparation--thinking about what I want to say and how I want to say it, a whole week early. Luckily, the topic is a passion, and speaking in public is always made easier when I know the subject matter as well.

That said, I have much preparation to do, and a week hardly seems like enough given all of the other responsibilities I have this week.

Pete McGourty, Charlotte-based life coach extraordinaire has asked me to write everyday as an exercise to pull out my thoughts and creativity, and to dump out that which is muddling my mind. I am remiss to say, that I have scrapped the paper method he prescribed and have taken up blogging instead. Call it a modern twist on good old-fashioned life coaching, (is there such a thing as "old fashioned life coaching"??) But alas, if you find my entries start to ramble more than usual--blame it on Pete. I am doing my homework...

All this blogging and soul-searching and web focus has made me want to really dig in and get my own sites and blogs in better shape. I should be making some changes over the next few months before the re-launch of Confessions of an Introvert to the blogs and site.

Well -- I need to go do laundry, clean up the kitchen, run the vacuum, get the mail, pay the bills, and take a pain killer for my back before I head out to my son's soccer practice.

Meg



Meghan Wier
Author Writer Web Consultant

No comments: