Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yesterday was a good day...

Today isn't worth talking about.

So Let me tell you a little about yesterday. I talked to Prospect A, with whom I had met last week. He put me in touch w/ New Client B and New Client C. Sold them both yesterday from my cell phone while pacing in the conference room while my desk was being occupied... Love when that happens - Prospect A will likey become New Client A soon too. Love that.

Rest of the day was good - spent a lot of time on the phone... and new clients = more work. More work = more money, more money = happier meg.

happier meg = better world.

about that happy world:

I do need to revise my "google gods" statement. And so I decided to write the Google Gods a little note. Here is is, as I dont think anyone answers googlegods@google.com:

___________________________________________________

Dear Google Gods:

I do sincerely appreciate the page rank... I really do, besides my Main Blog, I have gained ranking on several of the other blogs, including an unusually high (but not undeserved, though premature) rank of 3 on the Networking as a Business Blog.

However, I cannot quite understand why you have reduced my page rank on my Web page from a high of 4 a couple weeks ago to a 2 now. Have I been sandboxed? Are my links in not good enough for you? Do I look like I am spamming you? (I swear, I am not spamming!) Is my domain name not registered long enough? Do you think I am a link farm? (I assure you I am not a link farm!) I just want to share with you some of the cool things happening in MEG WORLD.

Whatever I have done to offend you with my site I apologize. A PR of 2 un unsatisfactory. I know it is not pretty--to be honest it is more like a test site. I use it to see what things will work, to do a little self promotion, and to...well I used to, use it, just a little to help build page rank on some other sites. I mean - I am suppossed to be decent at this Search Engine Optimization thing! Did this upset you? I am sorry. I will unlink if you want. I just need a sign...GOOGLE GODS, give me a sign.

I can be reached via blog. Any of them.

Yours Truly,
SEO Girl

___________________________________________________
Here is the letter I wanted to write, but post here for your enjoyment:

You big jerk - stupid Google God, you think you are so cool... but you aren't. I am a real person, with a real message to share with the world. You keep changing the rules of the game... that hardly seems fair. But here is something you don't know...Google "god", I am smart... really smart, I learn every time you change something. I am watching you. I play nice, but I only let you think you are in winning! My curiosity and need to out-smart and out-wit you will push me to succeed; and it will push me to gain PR, no matter how many times you change the rules. So take that Google God - you are just an algorithm out there in cyberspace... - don't think you can get away with this! I will play your game... but I will play it better.

AND... I'm funny. You can't beat that. (Stupid Algorithm!)

SEO Girl
ROCHESTER NY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

link exchange
exchange links
Free Link Exchange
Internet Marketing
Internet advertising
search engine ranking
increase traffic
web site marketing
free links
automated link exchange
reciprocal link exchange
link popularity
web links
promote your web site
free

Anonymous said...

search engine
search engine optimization
Search Engine Ranking
search engine marketing
search engine optimization
seo
seo services
seo tools
webmaster
search engine promotion
page rank
pagerank
increase traffic
promote your website