Friday, August 05, 2005

What is wrong with me?? - Confessions of a Workaholic

Ok - it is a gorgeous day, I know because I finally got out of my chair to get the mail. I am working from home today - and not for the reasons most people work at home, (to play video games and sleep in), but to actually get some work done. I have been able to work better at home ever since I gave up doing laundry, grocery shopping, house-cleaning and doing the dishes (those things used to distract me... but no more!)

So here I am, sitting on the couch with the laptop, 3 email windows open, 2 different Instant Messenger chats ongoing, a proposal, my book and and several websites on screen, when I could be sitting outside on the back porch, sipping some iced tea and enjoying the weather.

I could be weeding, or sleeping, or taking a walk.

I could be swimming, or reading a book...

But no, I'm inside, the laptop heating my lap to an uncomfortable temperature, working away.



Good thing that vacation is coming up, ( although I do plan on finishing the book that week...)

I am incurable.

No comments: