Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Can an Introvert Become an Extrovert?

There are a bunch of sites talking about how introverts can become extroverts and I thought I would chime in a bit ...I just don't buy it.--I think if you are shy, you can become less shy. I think you can be a shy extrovert. But I don't think that and introverrt can become an extrovert.

That said, there are lots of people who are introverts - all degrees there-of so there are some less introverted introverts. - On the other side - there are plenty of timid, shy, super-introverts with social anxiety... it all depends.

I am a proud introvert. Happy to spend quiet time by myself on occassion - but also happy to go out to a networking meeting and interact a little. Introversion is just defined by how one reacts to the interaction with others. Introverts may do it... but be exhausted by it. Enjoy it even... Extroverts will gain energy in the same situation.

Hope this helps clear it up.

- meg

No comments: