Monday, October 06, 2008

The Wells Fargo Wagon is a Coming Now...(?)

Stupid stupid musical theatre classes. I can't get this one out of my head. If you are living here in Charlotte this week... you know what I am talking about. If not... no worries, you need not stress about it--just enjoy the catchy tune and the interesting interpretation by what is clearly a bunch of theatre and film students with too much time on their hands.

Back to the point:

Is our money safe?

Will my friends have jobs?

Will the economy ever recover?

Here in Charlotte, we have been fairly insulated from the ups and downs of the housing market fall-out. That was until the mortgage crisis started closing banks. Charlotte has a disproportional number of people employed by banks. And while that has been good until now, I think that the next few months will be interesting. Feels a little like when Kodak started letting people go in Rochester.

All the more reason to be a professional blogger!

I have been working with Charlotte Smith on launching her new blog about dealing with weight and weight loss issues. Needless to say I am considering what I eat more and more these days. Charlotte is a life coach with a practical approach to helping people deal with emotional eating and life-long weight problems. She is, no doubt, a genius in her ability to get people to fully understand their food addictions and build healthy relationships with food.

Just the thought of that makes me crave potato chips and that yummy bacon dip sitting in my fridge. ---Lucky for me Charlotte would have no issue with that. She would just say "are you hungry?" and ask how I feel after eating that delicious snack. Of course I will probably feel bloated and icky and then just thinking about all that will be enough for me to make a nice salad for dinner instead. Bummer. Being a professional blogger has its pros: i.e. not being significantly affected by bank buy-outs and take-overs, and its cons: obsessing over radon mitigation, tooth enamel and wondering if I am really "hungry."

Other than that it was a absolutely BEAUTIFUL day in Charlotte with temps in the 80's and the sun filling the enormous Carolina sky. Can't beat that for October. Life is good.

(glad all my money in the stock market was gone during the last big drop.... none to lose, none to lose.)

-Meg
Working Working Working
www.meghanwier.com


Meghan Wier
Author Writer Web Consultant

No comments: