Saturday, January 12, 2008

Career Choices

I should have become a professional painter. It is one of those things that I really enjoy.

Painting is a process, and a commitment. The commitment to the color--although that can usually be changed--but also to the process. You can't effectively paint a room unless you have several hours to give to it--and most of the time, you need 2 good days.

I have made the commitment to a beautiful shade of light green for my master bathroom. It has been nearly a year since we moved into the new house near Charlotte, and my bathroom is one of the last rooms in the house that hasn't gotten a coat of paint.

So tomorrow I will be procrastinating on the writing I should do, and the laundry that has piled up, and the other household things that are meant to be done on the weekend. And yet, the chore of painting is a pure joy for me -- something I am really good at, and I love to do.

---and then Monday I will have to find another reason to procrastinate doing me writing, laundry and other household things...

No comments: