Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Autumn in the South

Well, Autumn has descended on the South and we are enjoying the beautiful 80 degree days. I am told that this is warm for this time of year, but you won't hear me complaining. I like the heat.

We are in draught however -- and it is very dry. (I suppose a draught, by definition, indicated "dryness," huh...) I have never lived in a place where there was not enough water. It makes me really think about the consumption of things like water -- (and electricity, and gasoline...)

I have never been a wasteful person - but I also have never really worked to lessen my use of these resources. Living in a place that requests you take 4 minute showers and use your dishwater to water your shrubs makes you really understand that there is a limited amount of certain things in this world. And we can work to be a bit more mindful of how and how much we need.

I am going to go turn out a light.

Happy Autumn.

No comments: