Monday, September 05, 2005

Being an insomniac... some benefits

I watch a lot of television. I actually listen to a lot of television, because I am not always watching - but often doing many things at once. Generally it is work, writing, that kind of thing. But the thing about being awake so much is that I get to enjoy a lot of television. And despite the pathetic "reality" shows and the poor excuses for entertainment out there, there are quite a few quality shows. My favorite shows are CSI, House, the new "Prison Break" show, Alias... that genre - but also the funnier stuff like Scrubs and Family Guy. Also can watch hours and hours of CNN, Discovery Channel, reality medical shows of any kind, the heart-wrenching stuff where babies are born and doctors save lives. Love that stuff. I also enjoy football, and Nascar - great for napping. In fact I can often nap while "watching tv" when I can't sleep any other way, the benefit of that being that I often "remember" a lot of the show/game. Very nerdy I know. Most likely unhealthy, but nothing new there. I am the poster child for unhealthy.

I read a lot too. (Yes, while watching TV...) I also spent most of the day online. In fact I have a really hard time watching TV unless the laptop is on too. It is amazing that I am not 1,000 lbs! Point is, my head is jammed packed of information. It is no wonder I have trouble sleeping. The upside here is that I can chat about nearly any topic, local mayorial race, Tom Cruise's latest interesting world-view, the stock market, MLS soccer, or the latest in technology. - Makes me unhealthy, but interesting!

I have been doing research on book promotion and editing - my topic de jour. I did hire an editor today. So I am looking forward to very positive results there. Also did a little update on the Meghan Wier Website. So, if you get a chance, check that out. I will be doing a more comprehensive overhaul after the cover art for the book is complete... sometime before the end of October.

And there it is, what's going on in Meg's head today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back from leave, Georgia soldier grieves for two
AJC reporter Moni Basu and photographer Bita Honarvar will be filing reports and photos from Iraq ... It was hard enough for Shea, a 25-year-old Locust Grove cable installer who wants to join the Henry County police force one day, to be returning to Iraq.
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse lovers related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse lovers