Tuesday, August 26, 2008

inhale. exhale.

Thank God the Olympics are over. I feel like the last two weeks were stolen from me. I did not sit outside as much as I would have liked, I did not pay my bills early, I did not return emails, I did not, I did not, I did not...

Thank God the Olympics are over.

Today, I sent in the most recent edits for my book and caught up on my invoicing and bill paying. I write a couple blog entries for clients and packed for a trip to Florida. I went to the library and got some new books and I got the car alignment done at the dealer. The dishes are clean, the house is picked up and I am exhausted. But I got all that done and that is what I should have been doing the last two weeks while I watched the gut wrenching losses and glorious wins, the pride in country, hard work, sacrifice. I got caught up in the human interest sob stories and got sucked in by the 24 hour a day 12 station Olympic coverage. Thankfully, the only thing happening this week on TV is the Democratic Convention, and NPR and CNN.com will catch me up on the salient points in the mornings.

I need my routine too much.

Long distance travel this week to Tampa followed by the September "get back to school" mentality -- looking forward to getting business done and life following a mundane cadence again.

(does it ever do that?)


Meghan Wier
Author Writer Web Consultant

No comments: