Sunday, August 24, 2008

End of August: Meg Update of Sorts....

It is a beautiful crisp morning here in Indian Land, SC. and I am fortunate to have a few minutes to myself before the chaos of the day begins.

It have been a very busy few weeks and I would like to have more to show for it. School starts for my biggest distraction in a week and a half, and I am happy about that. He and I both are more than ready.

My book edits are coming along. I would like to say that they will be ready to send into the publisher tomorrow morning, but it would take an extreme amount of self-discipline and ability to ignore all other responsibilities today to make that happen. I will devote a couple hours to it this morning and a few this evening and hope that the rest can be tidied up tomorrow and Tuesday.

The end of this week holds a trip to Tampa Bay, FL, which seemingly and amazingly avoided the storm Fay, however, I will be driving through what will probably be quite a bit of soggy parts of the peninsula state. That should prove to be an interesting trip, but certainly one worth completing before the school year starts.

Speaking of school, my good friend Ms. Murray is jumping in head first into a huge undertaking with the start of a new school. The school called "The Carpenter's Workshop" is located in Baxter Village, near Tega Cay and the village of Fort Mill SC, and will be just a kindergarten this year, but expand to 4th grade as the incoming children advance over the next 5 years. It is quite amazing when you think about it. People rarely start their own schools and I wish them the very best of luck. The curriculum is very hand-on and religiously based, with small classroom sizes (10 max I believe). This is a great opportunity for parents who want a private school experience for their child, but at an affordable price. I suppose it is a good alternative to homeschooling, since the teachers are so strongly committed to the success of each individual child, and welcome parent volunteers to assist in bringing each child what they need. If you are interested, click the link above and tell them "Meg sent you" -- I know they have 2-3 kindergarten positions open for the 08-09 school year and they will take kids who are 5 or turn 5 before December 31st--so it is not too late!

Other than that, my BNI group has been wonderful. The masterful Fred Sexton of Mouse and Man is working his magic on my new website design, and the distinguished Kevin Carslisle of Perfect Image has already provided me with many beautiful new business cards. I am very please with this work, and hope to bring referrals in the future. The group is full of geniuses and I am humbled that they accepted my application. Apparently there are few professional blog writers in the area with whom to compete for networking group seats....

Many other interesting things going on, but I promised myself to focus on my edits while I can this morning, so I best be getting to that. Happy almost Labor Day...

Meg


Meghan Wier
Author Writer Web Consultant

No comments: