Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Communication

There is lots going on today and as much as I have a lot to say about it, I have made a committment to getting my other blogs updated, so I will ramble through this as best I can.

I make that committment about every three months; write some long entry about being better about blogging and then the next entry is about 3 month later... so I make no promises, but I am going to try...

I was reminded today about the importance of keeping a blog up to date, and blogging often. Blogging often will build content quickly. Building content will help in making a blog more search engine friendy. The more SEF a site is, the more it will be found and read. The more valuable that site will become for you.

In this case me.

However, this site is not designed to be valuable in that way. This blog is a brain dump. Funny though, this brain dump is a highly ranked, relatively popular site for total strangers to read about what is in my head. The internet is a goofy place.

If only I could harness the power of my brain dumps to make my other blogs more valuable. More read. More... important to the search engines, more...of a resource to the world.

I was listening to the radio today and a reporter had done an experiment where she did not read, watch or listen to any traditional media. No news, no paper, no cnn.com, just blogs from people in the general public. She found that she was actually better informed and had a more complete picture of the news.

She obviously wasn't reading this blog. But I am glad there are people who can write decent information about real-world issues. I am glad we now have a place where the "every-man" has a voice. I am glad this voice competes with traditional media.

I am also glad there is still a traditional media.

Someone needs to write with some focus.

It won't be me.

Off to go write some more...

No comments: