Monday, December 18, 2006

learning to sleep

It seems that I have learned how to sleep. It is almost 10pm and I am starting to think about turning in for the night. What a difference a year can make--it wasn't too long ago when I was functioning on 4 hours every other night or so.

While I know that I am probably healthier to be sleeping these days, I do mourn the time I no longer have for the late night projects, or the way my brain used to work when I was in overdrive.

I have been reading a book that compares the exceedingly busy over-achiever with someone with ADHD. We both like the thrill of the brain racing around. And right now I feel in a lot of ways like the sleep is like ritalin. It is better and worse at the same time.

I am still working on my recovery plan. And the longer I am away from work the more clear it is that I really needed this break.

No comments: