Saturday, April 01, 2006

Confession: I blew off the day

Today's confession: I blew off the day. And it feels pretty nice.

I did the comissions report, took my son to soccer this morning and then to an Easter party. Then I came home and took a nap. A long and deserved wonderful nap.

There is still a lot of things to do, and they will have to get done tomorrow. Right now I am focused on not being focused for the first time in weeks.

I am still blogging for the Democrat and Chronicle. That is a very nice little side project. This week I wrote about the little farm market down the street from my house. Not a bad article if I do say so myself. It reminds me of the simple gifts that this world gives us - and how we sometimes forget to be thankful.

I spoke at the ebusiness Association seminar on SEO this week - the material was good, my presentation lacked luster - ok it was bad - but I suppose I need to keep on doing these things. I have to stop thinking that I am not a good public speaker or I will never be a good public speaker. There is just nothing that makes me more uncomfortable...don't know if that is the introversion, the social anxiety or the stage fright more...

Book sales are decent - still working on world domination... I ordered another 30 this week to distribute to the book stores. My friend Bruce is going to get a few for his seminars that he does every week - that is very cool. And now I just have to drag out all that information about the bookstore requirements and get my "media packets" put together.

Well, I am going back to blowing off the day...

Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Healthy! Enjoy the sunshine.

Dad